baeh4tG-pZvIcXYo5HZ4_4kiSWQ

Saturday

Brioche Dough

My BFF, Heather, over at One Great Thing A Day has been making some yummy looking treats this week with her Brioche Dough Recipe so, of course, I had to try it!  I have been interested lately in making my own breads in an attempt to buy one less thing at the store.  Bread is one of those things that we run out of all the time and if I stock up on it, we never use it!  Go figure!  So, I would rather make my own.  It's healthier too and the kids will love it!

I basically used Heather's recipe, except for a few things changed only because I didn't have them on hand.  Remember, I'm trying to save money and not spend extra!

First, I gathered all of my ingredients:


Next, in my large, glass bowl I mixed the water and yeast together and set aside.





In another bowl, I mixed my honey, melted butter, and salt.  Then combined in the large, glass bowl with the yeast and water.



 Now it's time to add the flour.  This part worried me a little because I do not have a stand mixer and I have tried mixing bread doughs by hand many times and it was tough, to say the least!  But, I was pleasantly surprised that this was not so bad!






Now I just covered it up with a dish towel and left it on the kitchen counter while I watched a movie with the kids!  It was about 2 and a half hours.




It rose very nicely!  Then, I just stuck it in the fridge so I could use it the next morning.  This dough will keep for about a week in the refrigerator so you won't waste any of it.  It can be used to make loaf bread, rolls, donuts, sticky buns, and many other things.  My next post will be on the loaves I baked the next morning to make french toast....mmmmmmmm  Can't wait!

Be sure to visit Heather's Blog and share some love from me! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment