baeh4tG-pZvIcXYo5HZ4_4kiSWQ

Wednesday

My Mini Greenhouse

This morning I went into the kitchen to get my pepper plants started.  I had planned on putting them in peat pots for easy transplanting.  I had to go on a mission to find something to set the pots in so I wouldn't get water everywhere when watering.  I realized that I have quite a few sets of those aluminum baking pans from Christmas Clearance I could use!  So, I got a pack out and when I began to open the pack, it hit me!  These pans have LIDS!!!  I was so excited!  This gave me the idea to make MINI GREENHOUSES for them.

Gather everything you need... seeds, starter mix, and pans with lids.

Put your starter mix into your pans.  Add water and mix thoroughly, making the soil moist, but not wet.  Drain off the excess water!  With lids on the pans, they will retain moisture.

Next, create a "row" with your finger and place the seeds in the rows much like you would a garden.  I used about a half of the packet of seeds for each row.  Then, gently cover the rows with soil.

 Place your lids on top of them and put them in front of a great, sunny window!  Soon your seeds will sprout and you can remove the lids.  When your seedlings are a couple of inches tall, remove the lids and keep them in a sunny location until you are ready to plant.  At this time, you will need to keep them watered, but not over water!

HAPPY GARDENING!






No comments:

Post a Comment