baeh4tG-pZvIcXYo5HZ4_4kiSWQ

Tuesday

Two Great Things Become One...

One of my favorite things to add to any dish is CHEESE!!  And, with my new discovery of Brioche Dough, this recipe has brought two great things together!

This is so easy to make, I was almost surprised at how good it was.  I needed to use the rest of the dough I had left in my fridge, so I thought I would make a great cheese bread to go along with supper last night.  So, here's what I did:




I grabbed the last of my dough from the fridge, which was about two big handfuls, floured my board and grabbed some cheese.










After kneading the flour into my dough a little, I grabbed a couple of handfuls of cheese and mixed it into the dough thoroughly.









Then, I separated the dough into three equal (ish!) parts.  Had to add a little more flour because the dough was still a bit sticky.











Next, I rolled them out into "worms" like I used to do as a child with Playdough!  I rolled them until they were about the length of my cookie sheet.














Then, I braided them and pinched the ends together.












Then, I mixed one egg white and a couple of tablespoons of milk together in a bowl to brush over the top.  This gives your loaf a beautiful color and texture during baking.




 
Next, I just popped it in the oven on 375 for about 30 minutes.  This bread was amazing fresh out of the oven, but I made mine in advance.  After I reheated it, it wasn't as good as the first time to me.  But, my family absolutely loved it!  Next time, I won't cook it ahead of time.  I will serve it straight from the oven.





Happy Baking!  Let me know if you try this!


No comments:

Post a Comment